Thursday, January 10, 2013

final final final draft personal narrative

Aaron
LA
The Tree
If i truly had to choose an ally at the bottom of this tree it would be Adri, because if I finally landed and I landed on her she wouldn’t try to kill me but Lillie would and I just don’t have the patience for that or any attack while I fall.
Adri is my cousin.  She lived in Idaho with us.  She wanted to go outside that day.
Adri and I walked out of the Idaho house with all the snow glistening on the ground.  The lawn was frozen.  If you could have seen anything on it the night before you couldn’t now.  The only things visible above the three feet of snow was the trees and the fence.  If we had soay at the time they would be invisible.
Right then we had all the snow gear we could get.  Adri was staying with us for a week then with her dad for a week.  Since we were cousins we could practically read each others mind and we didn’t talk to each other so much.
First we went over to the orchard because there are some puddles that freeze during the fall and winter.  The trees were covered with snow five apple trees no apples three pear trees no pears  one oak but all the birds had left it.  The puddles were hidden under the snow but we could find them easily.  You could skate on them with snowshoes. Normally there are three the one to the east is the smallest but still a good depth it was the first we ever discovered when I slipped then we added more water for more ice. The puddle in the middle breaks easily so we tried to skate across the puddle without falling through that one we discovered when we were looking for more puddles.  The one on the west is the biggest and one of our pear trees is in the middle of the puddle we used a broom to uncover that one.
 Once we were done skating we went over to the barn just past the woodshed that we have.  The shed is a plain white color and about 23 feet tall.  Inside it is empty besides the gravel on the floor the cats and cat food and the stack of straw and alfalfa.  We began Keeping the straw and alfalfa in there awhile ago.  The cats were Max Frank and Tigerseafome.  They started living there.  We petted them and fed them then we climbed the bales of alfalfa.
Then we went into the pasture. Inside is mostly just field but we do still have a small blue barn and a chicken pen.  Rien and Sherna(our two horses)were in the little barn. You couldn't see the chickens but a few had left the barn and the snow was moving in spots occasionally(where the chicken were moving).
In the southeast was a great tree it had huge branches and a thick branch. you had to climb the fence just to reach the first branches but once you’re there you’ve got freedom.  Climbing those first branches is hard.  After a while it gets tiring and I feel like I will fall if I don’t stop.  Around forty feet up I stopped to check how much farther I had to go before The branches were dangerous.  Another 20 feet and those branches became too unstable to climb.  Then I slipped, falling helped me choose my ally even though I hit every branch on the way down.  As I thought I landed on the fence then on Adri.  
I’ve pretty much been afraid of heights since then but I think I will climb again.  After all that I decided to return to  the house and look for  my hat I lost.
The funny thing is that same day one of our roosters jumped into a barrel of water drowned the the barrel froze overnight and the next morning my mom found frozen chicken and no we did not eat it (the chicken)to anyone who thought we might have thought we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment