Thursday, April 25, 2013

I have seen

I have seen the world and back,
The destruction and those that lack.
everywhere happy, sad, alone,
anyone everyone I am there,
even if you cannot bear.
The inside peoples minds,
bombs dropped in lines.

I send myself to you,
to find what is true.
You may not remember much,
I still know all, though,
like a wise old crow.
I can see the smoke,
and death from when one small pipe broke.

I'd rather be like those I see,
they can do and flee unlike me.
alone that is what I am,
without friends to fight,
and family so for light.
All I have is nightmares,
you can fight all that leers.

I know the name,
of all the same.
they are all of one mind,
confusion rings,
and color brings.
Sight and sound telling different,
the happy faces and the defining sound was sent.

I say I send myself afar,
but that is not on par.
why can't you see that I am really you?

2 comments:

  1. love the rhythm and rhyme in this. How can you add more specific imagery so you can make your abstract noun come to life?

    ReplyDelete